Wondering how to take a screenshot on a mac in a flash? In this post, we will walk you through step by step. We also included a few frequently asked questions about mac screenshots as well. Such as where do you find your screenshots, how to screenshot an entire page, how to save a screenshot, how to edit, how to take a screenshot on macOS Mojave, and a few other questions.
Need to Take a Screenshot Using your Mac?
After reading this simple 5-minutes post you will be ready to screenshot using your Mac computer. Who knew we would need to know how to take screenshots, including us. Our vendors sometimes ask for screenshots which, I’m not feeling at ALL! (it’s a proof thing) but I guess we all must get with the new technological world we live in… including old heads like me!
So, if you need to know either for personal or business usage how to screenshot …below we listed everything you need to know, broken down so once you read it, you got it.
3 Easy Steps to Take a Screenshot on a Mac
How do you take a screenshot on a MacBook computer?
- Simultaneously hold down the Command + Shift + 3 Key
- Listen to the camera snap sound.
- Save the screenshot as a png. file on your desktop.
Where Do I Find my Screenshots on a Mac?
- 1.Open Finder
- 2. Click on “All My Files,”
- 3. View the way the files are saved, edit to ascending order if necessary.
- 4. Check to confirm the most recent saves show up first.
How Do I Edit a Screenshot on a Mac?
- Locate saved screenshot from desktop
- Double Click to open it.
- It will open in preview, begin editing.
How to Take a Screenshot on macOS Mojave
Press Command + Shift + 5 on your keyboard to bring up the screenshot toolbar. Click on one of the following: Capture Entire Screen, Capture Selected Windows, or Capture Selected Portion to capture exactly what you want.
How Do I Change Where Screenshots are Saved on a Mac?
- How to Change Where Mac Screenshots Are Saved
- Open the Terminal app (type terminal into Spotlight if you can’t find it).
- Type defaults write com.apple.screencapture location .
- Do not press Enter.
- At the end of the command, type your new default save location. …
- Press Enter.
- Type kill all SystemUIServer.
How Do I Take a Screenshot of a Whole Web Page on a Mac?
- Press “Command-Shift-4,” press the spacebar, and click the mouse button to take a picture of a browser window including the title bar.
- Press “Command-Shift-3” to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Hold the “Control” key as well as the other keys to save the screenshot to the clipboard.
Conclusion: Taking a screenshot is as simple as 1, 2,3. We hope in this brief post we attacked the question of “how to take a screenshot on a mac” in the most direct route possible. Additionally, we hope you will find our FAQs helpful as well.
As usual, we appreciate you dropping by. Thanks for choosing to read our views. We strive to offer up-to-date info using simple technology that helps small business owners shine.
How can we make the position stand out to recruit talent with the desired behavioral skills? The #1 way to make your customer rep position stand out is to quickly share (WIIFM) what’s in...
🔥17 Social Media Powerhouse Influencers "whose social media marketing skills could be classified as lethal weaponry." When people think about what it takes to become an “Insane...