How to Market your Business on Google!
Wondering how to market your business on Google? …STOP… scrolling RIGHT now, BECAUSE Girllll, we have some results getting tips for YOU!!!
Within this post, we’ll show you how to advertise on Google for free and how to set up a Google Business profile utilizing new features Google has added to its arsenal. Google has an extensive menu designed to show a small business how to promote Google business page and listing.
Discussed is one strategy that is Powerful, Free, and most importantly, Easy to Set Up!
****Side note: (Google my Business renamed by Google, to Google business profile…according to Google by 2022 (gmb) will phase out.)
So if you’re secretly pondering how do I get my company listed on Google, stick and stay! But first allow me to explain why Google profiles are imperative. For starters, setting up your Google profile gives your company authority and credibility. As today’s clients/customers are savvier than ever. Not taking advantage of this resource raises eyebrows and places doubt in your customer’s mind.
Let’s Dive in…
How to Put a Business on Google Secrets Covered in this Post:
- Sneaky image tricks that increase views, sales, and visitors
- Overlooked SEO citations secret
- Google pop- posts method
- Categories selection hack
- How to override Google image choice
Why you Want your Business Listed on Google:
88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, according to recent research.
Businesses with Google my business listings are70% more likely to be visited by consumers.
50% of consumers visit a store or business twenty-four hours after performing a search.
It’s also sad but true that 80% of consumers lose trust in local businesses without an online presence.
Naturally, as small business owners, we’re always looking for creative ways to grow our business. Hence learning how to promote your business online for free will absolutely give you a competitive edge.
On another note, (digital marketing) online marketing also opens a layer of authenticity and transparency. Todays’ consumers are sharp and if we’re “NOwhere to be found online, that seems suspicious, DATED, and doubt creeps into the minds of customers.
Let the truth be told, not only do our clients want us to be present, they also expect us to be at the top of our game. The internet has created a monster that has a gigantic appetite that demands attention, our job is to give it.
How to Promote Google Business Listing to Massively Drive Traffic to your Page
Wanting to know how to get to the top of Google search results, read the tips below.
Setting up a Google profile enables business listings to appear in local search results. As an illustration, you sell fine jewelry. When a potential visitor search for fine jewelry, and if you’re properly optimized, you could get higher rankings in the search engine result pages (SERPs). Your position depends on how well optimized that page is.
Create Frequent Posts
Creating posts is a double whammy. Content writing about your products or services is great for SEO (improve page rankings). Also, it’s a free way to engage with customers, provide updates, new product offers, events, and specials. Frequent posts can maintain a fresh profile, boost sales, and drive visitors to a physical or digital storefront. And to answer a question someone asked; how do I get my business to show up first on Google, this is a Vital Key Component!
Attributes display as snippets of text in GMB listings. They add more content hence value to your listing. Differently from justifications, attributes can be added or edited from your GBP. The name of the game is to differentiate your business from your competitors.
Are your premises wheelchair accessible?
Are you a woman or a veteran-owned business?
Do you have outdoor seating?
Product in stock
To name a few:
Enhance with Justifications
What are website justifications? Justifications are snippets that Google pulls from your website, profiles, or reviews. This is another powerful reason to fully optimize your Google business profile, especially your descriptive pages. Because as it stands now, we don’t know where Google will pull information from.
You just want to BE READY!!!
Google my Business Optimization Tips
How to Spruce up your Google Profile that will Make you Look Like a Rockstar!
Add Photos, Photos, and More Photos
The more images included within your profile the better. Adding splashes of images brings life to your business landscape.
- Interior and exterior of the establishment
- Happy customer experiences
- Product making processes
- Celebratory and events
- Food and menus
- Products and designs
Invest in a professional photographer… Research shows that higher-quality images attract more views
Cover all bases…
- Claim your business listing
- Completely optimize your page
- Create posts to engage your customers
- Ask and answer reviews
- Get verified
Below is a step-by-step video on how to set up your Google business profile:
This process will be the same if you were looking for Google my business for beginners. This video is an easy walk through the updated business listing setup.
Local SEO Optimization Tips
Why Optimize your local business listing? Simply, because local search is becoming more challenging by the page. Suppose there was a way you could nudge the search engine to push your business listing to the head of the class? Would you take 2-minutes to read to the end?
Heck Yeah!.. Let’s go!
- Regularly add content/new keywords to your website, stay updated and current
- Geotag photos and images with business location and keywords
- Name your products, and or services your keywords
- Maximum Google posts schedule- you can post every 7 days
- Optimize google maps (more info below, how-to)
- Totally complete your profile set-up
- Claim and verify your listing
- Create high-value relevant content on Google profile posts
- Retained consistency throughout your backlinking
How to Rank Higher on Google Maps 2021
Competing in local search is becoming more and more challenging. Partly, thanks to Covid-19. Established businesses that thought they would never need a website are now scrambling to get a foothold on Google. Although the competition is getting fierce, don’t fret.
How to Put a Business on Google Maps
But just in case you need a little more convincing about whether or not it’s worth it. Ranking on Google maps allows customers to briefly view all the company’s info, all in one place. In addition, you can easily connect with customers to create posts, offers, and responses. When done right, gives detail to encourage a buying decision.
Shadowing the below guidelines will help your business display at the top of the SERPs. Higher rankings also bring more views, visitors, and vacations! 😊
- Ensure you have a responsive website: A responsive website adjusts to the size of the device. I.e., Desktop, mobile, or tablet. Omitting this can also hurt your SEO rankings.
- Consolidate duplicate listings: Google demands law and order, and it’s against their law to have duplicate websites floating around the world wide web. You can have multiple businesses but not duplicate website listings for the same business.
- Ask and answer reviews: What are reviews good for? Google doesn’t trust what we say about our businesses but rather trusts what others have to say…it’s just the way that it is. In SEO terms, it’s called backlinking.
- When choosing your business categories, pick the most relevant ones. Try sticking with 2-4 max.
- Add local keywords to your website. Include your city and state. Incorporate them on all pages throughout the site.
- Insert photos and posts to your Google profile listing on a regular basis. Google is jealous and wants all our time. So, post often and consistently.
- Be sure to stay consistent with your contact and business info. Keep the info the same across all your networks, directories, and other sources.
- Include an embedded Google map on your website.
- Be certain to address every section of Google’s business profile.
Tricks & Tips to Help You Grow Your Business -on Google
Want to increase views, sales, and visitors. Hire a professional photographer. It’s sad but true beauty sells. Research shows that Airbnb photos taken by pro photographers see a 40% increase in earnings, 24% more bookings, and 26% higher nightly prices. Google business listings with photos receive 35% more clicks through to their websites and 42% more requests. Lastly, posts with photos, videos, or GIFs.
Hoping to grab Instant ATTENTION? Google offers a variety of ways to enhance and optimize your listing.
As an illustration, you can add the below line items.
- Funny or descriptive photos
- Explainer videos
- Business hours
- Detail company description
- Book appointment
- Read and reply to online reviews
- Directly communicate with customers via messages
Google Pop Posts
Content is still “King”!!!! Google allows businesses to post content, which is equivalent to adding mini ads. The good news is that you are allowed to update the post every 7 days. The even better news is it is “FREE”. Lastly, you can completely optimize the post with images, videos, maps, and the like. Make it shine!
SEO Optimization Tip
One of the most overlooked local SEO optimization tips, is “Google citations”. We all know Google has millions of bots that crawl the web analyzing links. To make the bot’s job easier our content on all platforms should be consistent.
Our websites should be easy to navigate and relevant before the search engine Goddess will reward us. So, one of the best things we can do when trying to rank is to attempt to be as systematized as possible.
Google prefers data that’s simple and the same. What do I mean by that? Be consistent with your info, description, business hours, and photos across all content especially when backlinking. Not only that but when uploading to directories Google bots crawl all the directories, there shouldn’t be any inconsistencies.
Google runs the world even which photo they think is more suited for your profile. (They changed mine!)… The gall of them. So, you’d uploaded a photo. A week later you notice it’s not the one you chose. Google algorithm decided that their choice was more suited. Here’s what you may want to do. (Keep in mind Google has the last say so. … it’s written in the guidelines as well)
- Check the photo: minimum size: 480 x 270 px| maximum 2121 x 1192 px| or 1068 x 608
- Simplify your image, too busy photos could signal chaos
- Pick the best image that represents your message
- Make certain the photo has a high resolution
- Try re-uploading your desired photo
Add content…. bite-size content is becoming more popular. And Mr. Google is trying to sneak that in under the radar. But guess what? Not only do reviews give businesses instant credibility, but also, those comments and replies do as well.
Google Business Profile Reviews Help Build Trust
88% of searchers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations.
This is an easy way to engage and connect with customers. Some businesses shy away from evaluations, because of the fear of negative remarks. That’s not the solution. Reviews help identify problems. The best way to combat negative reviews is to address them. Better yet, drown them out with thousands of positive ones.
Build Trust by Responding to Reviews
While on the other hand, consumers including me look for those that have lots of reviews. As an example, on our last trip to Florida, I researched the best seafood near where we were staying. I found one listing that had over 4 thousand reviews. Can you guess which restaurant we visited, yep, you guessed it. THE FOOD WAS AMAZZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!!!!
Google my Business for Local Business Owners- (Google profile)
Setting up your FREE Google profile is extremely powerful. Especially since the almighty Google attaches a credibility factor. Visitors are 38 % more likely to visit and 29% more likely to buy. That’s reason enough! Now factor in it’s free, easy, and even Google has resources to help you get up and running.
Advertising your business on Google is one of the most effective approaches to improving your business’s local search results. In fact, a well-planned listing setup and to claim your listing is a must.
- Choose your categories – 3-4 Max.
- Claim and verify your listing
- Incorporate keywords in the description
- Ensure you have a responsive template
- Add content to posts – Google business listing
- SEO optimized for desktop, mobile device, and laptop
- Include photos, videos, and Gif’s to your profile
- Incorporate high-quality content into maps and posts
Frankly, it’s not as hard as one would think to rank your Google business listing. Additionally, a well-executed profile of Google My Business helps with local rankings and SEO, which can help put your business on Google’s maps with the quickness!
Why Email Marketing
Now I’d like to hear from you…
I hope you found our 51 ways to grow your email list helpful. Now I’d like to hear what you have to say!
Which tactics will you use to increase your email subscriber list?
Or are you planning to use them all?
Did I miss your fave? Or do you have one to share?
Either way, let me know in the comments below right now before you forget!
Follow me on:
How to Market your Business on Google
How to Make your Own Thumbnails for YouTube Videos If you’re wondering how to make your own thumbnails for YouTube videos, stick and stay, for our easy-to-follow 7-step formula. Did...
51 Amazing Ways to Grow your Email Subscriber List In this article, I’ll show you amazing ways to grow your email subscriber list, without any technical knowledge. If you’re a...